Looks like Bud and Lily are having an overnight guest for the weekend! Bud’s teacher let him take home the classroom pet. No, it’s not a soft, fluffy bunny, which Lily would have REALLY enjoyed. No, this pet doesn’t hop, have fur or even legs. This classroom pet is a leathery, slithery SNAKE! Eeeeekkkkkk!
Did you know that …
- There are more than 3,000 different kinds of snake in the world.
- Some live in the sea while some burrow underground. Others dwell in trees and gardens.
- Believe it or not, some snakes only need to eat a couple times a year!
- A snake’s stomach can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of months to digest food. Talk about savoring a meal!
- Having a fear of snakes is called “ophidiophobia.”
Poor Lily! It’s going to be a VERY LONG weekend! We wonder how Buster is going to feel about this! Would you like to have Bud’s snake as your houseguest?
The Brady Bunch is a classic American TV Show that was popular in the 1970s. There is a memorable episode where Jan, the middle sister, voices her annoyance with everyone at school and home comparing her to Marcia, her older sister. The famous quote from that episode is, “Well, all day long at school, I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!”
In today’s strip, Bud is experiencing the same sibling angst that Jan felt so many years ago. But, this little guy is a way more creative and proactive about deflecting such praise for Lily from her to him. It’s moments like these that make Bud such a cool and lovable character. He says and does what we all wish we could!