What is Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally identifiable information” is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number, and any other information that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personal Information
OhBrotherComics.com endeavors to maintain the security and integrity of personal information that we obtain from our users. We do not disclose personal information to any outside party except as disclosed in this policy.
OhBrotherComics.com collects personally identifiable information in the form of first names, website URLs and ages. You may choose to use a non-personally identifiable nickname instead of your real first name. Submitting your age and website URL are optional.
If you choose to purchase a print from OhBrotherComics.com, we will collect your full name and mailing address from our merchant partner, Paypal.com, so that we can fulfill your order. We will not ask for any information that you have not already provided to Paypal.
About IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. OhBrotherComics.com collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report anonymous aggregate information to third parties. When guests request pages from OhBrotherComics.com, our servers log the users’ IP addresses.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
OhBrotherComics.com may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals as disclosed in this policy, and when:
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- You have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, in which case the information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing (if you don’t want your name shared, you should not enter the contest or sweepstakes);
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with Hearst (for these purposes, a company controlling twenty (20%) percent or more of the voting stock of another entity shall be deemed to control such entity);
- we need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Web sites to which this policy applies.
OhBrotherComics.com may display a first name or nickname on our website when you have chosen to submit a comment or a picture for inclusion on the site. You are not required to give your real first name. If you do not wish to have your name or nickname appear on the site, please do not submit a comment or picture.
Links to Other Sites
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Although security on the Internet can never be guaranteed, we endeavor to exercise great care in providing secure transmission of our users’ personal information from their computers to our servers by utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to our users’ information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
We do not knowingly collect the email addresses of children under the age of 13.
We require a first name or a non-identifiable nickname when a child sends us a picture for inclusion on our website.
If you post a comment, you may optionally submit a first name or nickname and a website URL. We ask that children under 13 do not submit a real full name.
OhBrotherComics.com reserves the right to hold all comments for moderation before being published on the site, and any comments that include personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 13 such as a real address, school, email address, phone number or last name may be deleted from our site and removed from our database before being published.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Deleting Your Information
If at any time you wish to have your comments removed from the OhBrotherComics.com database, contact us.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Web site, you consent to this transfer.
We can, whenever we want, edit or delete any content displayed on OhBrotherComics.com. You use OhBrotherComics.com at your own risk. Everything you see on our site is provided to you “as is.” We make no warranties that this service will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free. You understand that if you download any material, you do so at your sole risk. OhBrotherComics.com is not liable for any damages that may result from your use of our site. This includes direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages and attorneys’ fees arising from your access to and use of our site. By using OhBrotherComics.com you agree to protect and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses that may result from the use of this service, your posting of any material to the site, or the transmission of any content through this service, or your breach of these terms of service.
This policy was last updated on Friday, July 30, 2010
This site is maintained by King Features Syndicate, 300 West 57th St, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10019 USA.
You can reach us by phone at 1-800-526-5464 and by email by using this contact form.